Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cinnamon Ornaments!

When I was in preschool, I made this adorable gingerbread ornament that has hung on the tree every year since. It's always given off this incredible cinnamon aroma that fills our house with Christmas scents. It's been 18 years since preschool, and it still smells divine! I decided to make some of these today as gifts with my Williams-Sonoma Cookie Cutters. They turned out so great! These ornaments are incredibly easy. In fact, you probably have everything you need to make them in your kitchen!






Ingredients:
2 cups Apple Sauce (1 15oz can)
2 cups Cinnamon
1 straw
Ribbon to hang
Cookie Cutters






Directions

  1. Mix the apple sauce and cinnamon with your hands to make a ball of dough
  2. Roll out the dough (I did this in between two pieces of wax paper) 
  3. Cut your shapes! Make sure they are at least 1/4 of an inch thick.
  4. Poke a hole where you want to put a ribbon with your straw.
  5. Heat your oven to 170 (I just set mine to the warm setting) and bake for 2-3 hours. You also have the choice of not baking them and letting them sit out for a few days. 
That's it! I love mine and I'm super excited to give them away as gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment