Ingredients: (For 1 serving)
- One green bell pepper (You can use any color you want but this is my favorite!)
- 1/4 cup of ground beef
- 1/4 cup of rice (and 3/4 cup of water to make it)
- 1 handful (I'm guessing this would be around 1/3 cup?) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp (or more according to your tastes) tabasco sauce/ or other hot sauce
- salt/pepper to taste.
- 1 tsp garlic
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Cut the top off a bell pepper and make sure all the seeds are out.
- Bring a pot of water (enough to cover a bell pepper) to a boil. Once it boils, put your bell pepper in for 4 minutes. When it is done, set it aside.
- In a small pan cook your meat. You may want to soak the oil out of it with a paper towel. After the meat is browned, put in your garlic and brown that too. (Does that make sense?) :)
- In a small pot, add your rice and water. Put a lid on the rice and leave it open a little for the steam to escape. The rice will be done after 7 or 8 minutes. (usually when it stops bubbling and steaming)
- When both the meat and rice are done, combine them. I put my meat into the small pot I was cooking the rice in. Add your tabasco, salt, pepper, onion powder, and cheese. Mix!
- Spoon your rice/meat mixture into your pepper. Top with more chedder cheese.
- I placed my pepper in a small glass pyrex bowl to keep it upright. Bake it for 25 minutes!
Eat right away! :) I actually had no idea how to eat this so I just took a steak knife and fork and went for it! SO GOOD.