Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Bring On the Butterbeer...


I've seen this recipe floating around on Pinterest for a while now, and decided to give it a try. Here's my review: It wasn't bad, but it wasn't that good either. It was a little TOO sweet for me, and I'm someone with a major sweet tooth! I'm probably not going to make it again, but it was nice for a cold Michigan weekend.


photo from: http://letsfightcrime.com

 The second recipe I tried was one given to me by my amazing Aunt Brenda. WOW. This one was a winner! It's served cold, and has the most yummy frothy texture. Definitely in love with this one!

Recipe (Makes 2 generous servings):
  • Put 3 cups (add more to get a frothier texture) of vanilla ice cream in the blender
  • Add one tablespoon vanilla
  • Add around 24 ounces cream soda (I used FAYGO brand) 
  • Add 1/4 cup butterscotch syrup. (I found mine in the ice cream aisle!) 
Blend it all together until smooth, and pour in glasses. Put it freezer for 10 minutes. Drink and ENJOY! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment