Monday, April 2, 2012

Avocado Grilled Cheese




Oh, my lanta! I think I just stumbled upon gold. I saw people mixing up their normal grilled cheese sandwiches by adding avocados, and decided to try it myself. AY CHIWAWA! Wait, does anyone actually say that anymore? Anyways, do yourself a favor, and add some goodness to your basic grilled cheese.


Here's how:

1. Preheat your skillet (I love cast iron skillets for a perfect grilled cheese!)
2. Butter two pieces of toast as you would for a normal grilled cheese.
3. I decided to use a mix of cheddar cheese and "taco" cheese (shredded cheese you can easily find in the grocery store). The taco cheese had the right spices to go with the Avocado. It really added to the taste and I really recommend it.  Sprinkle your cheeses/ place cheese slices in between your bread.
4. Place avocado pieces on your sandwich. Apply these liberally. I also sprinkled a little salt on the bread for some added flavor.
5. Grill it. YUM!
6. When it was ready to eat, I put out some hot sauce to dip it in. Definitely a winning combo.

If you've never cut up an avocado before (like myself), just youtube it. When you buy avocados, don't put them in the fridge. Just let them sit out on the counter to ripen. When they are ready, the skin will turn a brownish color, and it will be mildly soft when you squeeze it.



No comments:

Post a Comment